This is simple, no-cook and absolutely delicious. It’s open to lots of variations, depending on budget, personal likes, availability and so forth. There is too much to list so we’ve just made a few suggestions in the Ingredients section below. Even if you’re living on your own, many of these products last for several lunches, sandwiches and the like. Lots of the ingredients will keep for several days in the fridge and many (eg olives in brine) much longer if they’re in an airtight container.
- Aldi and Lidl are great for cheap olives, jars of antipasti and so forth. At the other end of the spectrum are Waitrose, Ocado and M &S – and everything in between, eg Asda, Morrison’s, Tesco and Sainsbury’s!
- Hunt the salad shelves, free-from chill and shelves and the deli counters as well as the world foods section – it’s a treasure trove out there.
- Click here for stockists of the vegan deli meats or look in your local health food shop. In addition, many Holland & Barrett will at least sell the VBites chorizo pieces.
- Online is also a fantastic source of goodies! Goodness Direct, Realfoods, Alternative Stores, VeggieStuff, Vegan X and more…
- For reduced-fat versions, choose antipasti in brine, low-fat hummus and so forth.
Main image from the mighty VeganEatsandTreats with thanks.
Optional extras / notes
Easily adapted to multiple portions
Did you know that Vegan Recipe Club is run by a charity?
We create vital resources to help educate everyone – vegan veterans, novices and the v-curious alike – about vegan food, health and nutrition; as well as the plight of farmed animals and the devastating environmental impact of farming.
Through this work we have helped thousands of people discover veganism; but we want to reach millions more! We rely entirely on donations as we don’t get any government funding. If you already support us, thank you from the bottom of our hearts, you are really making a difference! Please share our details with your friends and loved ones too, as every donation enables us to keep fighting for change.