Back to School Vegan Lunches
Back to school begins again! Summer has flown by, as it always does, and we’re already thinking of the year ahead. It really warms our heart that there will be more vegan kids in school now than ever before! With this in mind, here is our round-up of the best vegan packed lunch ideas to take the stress out of food prep. We’ve also been careful to specify recipes/products that contain nuts as we know many schools have banned nut products due to allergies.
Sandwiches are quick and easy to make in the morning before school starts. They’re also really affordable – you just need to find a filling that your child is keen on!
- Vegan Cheese Ploughman’s Sandwich: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/vegan-cheese-ploughmans-sandwich
- Vegan BLT Sandwich: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/vegan-blt-sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/smashed-chickpea-salad-sandwich
- Vegan Pate Sandwich: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/veggie-pat%C3%A9-sandwiches
Add a splash of variety with these alternative lunches:
Easy Protein Wrap: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/easy-protein-wrap
- Pitta Pizza: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/pitta-pizza
- Mediterranean Vegetable “Feta” Tart: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/mediterranean-vegetable-feta-tart
- Spinach & Potato Rosti with Tofu: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/spinach-potato-rosti-tofu
Here are some snack ideas to keep your little one energised all day:
- Good Mood Hummus: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/good-mood-hummus
Pack with carrot, cucumber, pepper sticks or pitta slices for a healthy snack.
- Green Herby Savoury Muffins: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/green-herby-savoury-muffins
- Fast & Healthy Cereal Bars: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/fast-healthy-cereal-bars
Contains nuts – can be swapped for seeds
- Peanut Butter Cookies: www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/peanut-butter-cookies
Contains nuts – can be swapped with tahini
There are also many snacks that can be bought, here are our top options:
- Naked bars
One to watch out for as all contain nuts!
- Pulsin Fruit and Nut Bars
Another to watch out for as these contain nuts!
- Apro Soya “No Bits” Yogurt
We recommend the 2 x peach/pear and 2 x strawberry/banana pack – kids will love these flavours!
Rest assured, these organic chickpea puffs are all vegan! Have fun trying all the flavours.
- Crispy Tofoo bites
Protein packed and organic!
- Innocent Smoothies
Delicious smoothies are the best way to squeeze extra fruit and veg into your kids diets!
- Bear Yoyos
Amazingly, these are 100% fruit!
- Perkier Bars and Bites
All contain nuts again, but these are great healthy bars full of antioxidants and protein if nuts are allowed in your school.
- Cashew Crush bars
These are really affordable and can be found in Aldi. Again, watch out if you’re not allowed nuts!
- That’s It Raw Bars
Another from Aldi here, really affordable and made with just apple and pear pieces.
We really hope this summary helps to keep school lunches fun and varied. Keep your eyes peeled on veganrecipeclub.org.uk for new recipes dropping each month!