This is quick to prepare but slow to cook, so you can get on with the rest of your special meal while it’s baking!
* 4 slices wholemeal or white bread, toasted
* 4-6 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
* 4 garlic cloves, sliced
* 30ml/2tbsp brown sugar
* sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC/325ºF/Gas Mark 3.
2. Lightly oil a baking tray and place toast on it.
3. Pour a little olive oil over each slice, then cover with tomato slices.
4. Arrange garlic slices between tomato, sprinkle with brown sugar and seasoning and dribble a little oil over the top.
5. Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the tomato has become sticky and the bread has become crisp and caramelised.