Quick Pad Thai with Tofu and Sesame Kale
One of our special 'Mood Food' recipes - packed with lots of brain-boosting nutrients including B Vitamins, Omegas, Amino Acids, Protein, Magnesium and Zinc - to help boost your mood, sharpen your mind and combat stress.
1. To make the sauce, place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend until smooth, then set aside.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Be careful not to overcook them.
3. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a medium frying pan. Stir-fry the beansprouts, mange tout and pepper on a medium-high heat for around 5 minutes so they are slightly softened but still crunchy. Add a splash of water if they start to catch.
4. Turn off the heat then stir in the tofu pieces. Set aside.
5. Steam the kale for a couple of minutes before stirring in the sesame seeds and oil if using. Take off the heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.
6. To assemble the Pad Thai, drain off the noodles using a colander then rinse briefly with cold water to stop them sticking together.
7. Spoon the noodles into the frying pan with the vegetables and tofu. Turn the heat back on and stir in the satay sauce.
8. Using a pair of tongs, gently lift up the noodles to mix them well with the vegetables and tofu so everything gets nicely coated with the sauce. Do this as the food is warming through.
9. Serve the Pad Thai with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, a segment of lime and some peanuts if desired, with the Sesame Kale on the side.