* 450g/1lb ripe plums, halved and pitted (*if not in season, use tinned, but do not cook)
* 50g/2oz almonds, flaked
* Plain vegan yoghurt or cream
1. Melt margarine in large heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add sugar and lemon juice and heat, stirring until the sugar melts.
3. Add bread cubes and fold into toffee to coat completely (take care not to break up the bread too much).
4. Add plums.
5. Cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes or until plums are tender*
6. Stir again gently and sprinkle with almonds.
7. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt/cream/vanilla soya dessert/soya dreem/ice cream…