Delicious vegan pizza. Use a vegan-friendly base (milk-free) such as M&S pizza base; Sainsbury’s Thin & Crispy Twin Pizza Base OR Italian Pizza Base; Waitrose Stoneground. You can also use pitta breads or buy a gluten-free base (but make sure it doens't contain egg).
Spread with pizza topping plus thinly sliced veggies and vegan cheese of your choice. Many companies even do pre-grated varieties now!
Picture courtesy of Corin Jeavons
- 1 pizza base – ready-made or made from a mix. (See notes above)
- Pizza topping from a jar - or use a tomato-based pasta sauce or just some tomato puree
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- ½ small red pepper, cut into thin rings or slices
- Other veg of your choice: sweetcorn, olives, tinned artichoke hearts cut in half, thinly-sliced onions etc are all very good
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated melting vegan ‘cheese’ such as redwood’s melting mozzarella or melting cheddar, available from health stores
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to temperature according to instructions on pizza base packet.
2. Lightly fry vegetables – except for ready cooked items such as sweetcorn and artichoke hearts.
3. Leave mushrooms until last and don’t overcook.
4. Spread pizza base with topping, then arrange vegetables and cheese artistically on top.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and the cheese has melted a bit.