Home»Recipes»Oriental Bean Salad with Sweet Chilli, Lime & Coriander Dressing
Oriental Bean Salad with Sweet Chilli, Lime & Coriander Dressing
Fresh, tasty and so nutritious you can feel your body smiling!
100g/generous 3oz mange tout or snow peas
100g generous 3oz fine (French) beans, fresh or frozen
100g/generous 3oz edamame beans (fresh soya beans, usually sold frozen – available from large supermarkets or health food shops)
100g/generous 3oz of EITHER broccoli florets or baby broad beans, fresh or frozen
2 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves of your choice. Rocket and watercress are a good combination
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (sold in bottles)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice (approximately one lime’s worth)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1. Make the salad dressing by combining all three ingredients and set aside.
2. Lightly steam the peas, beans and broccoli until al dente – just cooked but with a little bite to them – about 3 minutes.
3. Allow vegetables to cool if time – if not, rinse in cold water.
4. Mix the salad leaves with the vegetables.
5. Place in an attractive bowl and serve with the sauce on the side.