25g/1oz breadcrumbs (use GF if appropriate)
25g/1oz ground almonds}
25g/ 1oz walnuts. Place in plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin or similar until quite fine. Alternatively, give them a very quick pulse in a spice grinder or mini food processor - you want fine pieces not paste
25g/1oz vegan mozzarella, grated - or Violife block vegan cheese
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp fortified wine, eg sherry or port (search Barnivore for vegan versions. The Co-op also sell an own-brand sherry that is suitable, as do other supermarkets)
2 tsp olive oil
1 handful parsley, any type. Chop it fine
1. Preheat oven to 180°/350°/Gas Mark 4.
2. Wipe mushrooms and remove stalks, then brush outsides with olive oil and place upside down in an oiled baking dish.
3. Chop stalks and fry with garlic for a couple of minutes in olive oil.
4. Remove from heat and add remaining filling ingredients.
5. Mix thoroughly until everything binds together.
6. Spoon some of mixture into each mushroom, pressing down firmly and evenly.
7. Bake in oven at for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms just tender.