All recipes are deliciously vegan.
Creamy with a bit of a tang - a lovely simple soup that's a bit out of the ordinary.Most vegan stock cubes and bouillon are gluten-free but check ingredients carefully.
1. Heat sesame oil in large saucepan and add leeks, chilli and potatoes.
2. Sweat for a moment then add water and stock cube.
3. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Season and add coconut milk, lime zest and juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, eg salt, pepper, zest, juice, chilli.
5. Add chopped coriander before serving.
I cooked this for the first time, not exactly to recipe, but will definitely cook it again. I blended the soup before adding the coconut milk and lime zest/juice and only added 270 ml of coconut milk. I thought the potato and leek flavour got a bit lost by the lime and coconut milk, but it was beautifully creamy and I did enjoy the lime, but perhaps just one next time...
I took advice from the last two contributors and edited the recipe! Thanks for you input, very helpful.
More information about text formats