All recipes are deliciously vegan.
Depending on whether pre-cooked grains are used or not
A multigrain miracle - gourmet, simple and good for you.
The risotto also freezes well. The risotto goes well with stir fried/steamed veg - and lots of the sauces on this website too. TryMustard Peanut SauceMushroom Sauce Miso Ginger SauceCheesy Sauce (tahini based) or Cheesy Sauce (tofu based)
Tweak the grains to fit your diet - eg omit barley
Use a pre-cooked single grain or mixture eg
1. In a medium sized, heavy saucepan, cook onion, carrot, celery and a quarter of the stock over a medium heat until the vegetables are just softened – about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sage, thyme, marjoram, pepper and salt.
3. Add all grains except the buckwheat and stir constantly for about 2 minutes to toast them.
4. Add the Dijon mustard, soya sauce and quarter of the stock.
5. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes, adding the buckwheat 15 minutes before end.
6. As liquid boils down, add rest of stock a quarter at a time, until liquid absorbed.
7. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
More information about text formats