500g/1lb 2oz fresh spinach OR Swiss chard, shredded and with stalks finely chopped
1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
Juice of 1 lime Black pepper
125ml soya cream, eg Alpro/Provamel(half a tub) OR Oatly
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry gently for 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and chopped chillies and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the stock. Peel the outer covering from the lemon grass stalks. Finely chop the lower, white bulbous part of the stalks, discarding the remainder. Add the chopped lemon grass to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the spinach or Swiss chard to the pan (reserving a little to shred finely as a garnish). Cover and cook until the greens have wilted, around 3-5 minutes. Liquidize the soup using a hand blender, jug blender or food processor.
4. Add the coconut milk and lime juice. Gently reheat the soup. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Add most of the cream and cook gently for 5 more minutes, without allowing it to boil. Serve the soup garnished with swirls of remaining cream and the reserved shredded spinach.