All recipes are deliciously vegan.
No soggy green mush here - the combination of spicy nutty sauce over slightly crunchy sprouts should convert even the most fervent sproutophobe. You might like to try it with our Chestnut Rice recipe.
The sprouts are pictured with glorious Aubergine Towers with Roast Tomato Sauce, and Marmite Roast Potatoes.
1. Wash sprouts and remove any blackened or yellow outer leaves. If they are large, cut in half. Don’t put a cross in their stalks as this will make them more soggy.
2. Cook in a little boiling, salted water for about 5-6 minutes or until al dente (crisply tender). Drain well but keep the cooking water. Set the sprouts aside.
3. Mix the peanut butter, soya sauce, tomato puree (and ginger if using) to a smooth paste.
4. Heat oil spray in a frying pan or wok.
5. Quickly fry sprouts in the pan, then add the satay sauce, stirring so that everything is well-coated. Add a little of the sprouts' cooking water if it is too thick.
6. Heat until warm then serve immediately.
More information about text formats