All recipes are deliciously vegan.
10 minutes preparation, 10-20 grilling and mixing time + chilling time
A classic dip of Middle-Eastern and Greek origin that is wonderful with falafels, pitta bread, hummus and salad. For a reduced-fat version, halve the quantities of oil and tahini.
1. Cut the aubergines in half lengthways and put them under a hot grill, turning occasionally until the flesh is soft.
2. Scoop out the flesh and blend it with the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and cumin until smooth, adding a little water if necessary to make a dipping consistency.
3. Season with black pepper and pour into a serving bowl.
4. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
5. Garnish with chopped black olives when serving.
More information about text formats